Today is a very exciting day for us at VMLogix!
We’re thrilled to be announcing LabManager-Cloud Edition which takes our award winning virtual lab management capabilities to the public cloud. LabManager-Cloud Edition allows users to leverage Amazon Web Services (Amazon EC2 and S3) compute and storage for your virtual lab infrastructure requirements. You now have a true pay as you go virtual lab solution that allows you to:
- Get started on your virtual lab project right away! No more waiting for the infrastructure, compute, storage etc. and purchase approvals from many departments
- Unleash Amazon EC2 on your business users through a policy governed self service environment (multiple users and teams can access the same EC2 infrastructure through the same underlying AWS account – each of the users and teams can be policy, quota and lease driven – isn’t that nice?)
Key Features of the Beta Release Include:
- Creation and management of multi-machine configurations: enabling the combination of multiple Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) into a single environment and providing capabilities to entirely automate the deployment and re-deployment of multi-machine environments (including software stack customizations) in a self-service fashion;
- Full virtual lab tool capabilities: tapping into powerful virtual lab management capabilities including user/team management, license management and lease management, and enabling users/teams to share/collaborate with lab artifacts, audit trails and access to a centralized repository of software media;
- On-demand access to virtual lab resources: allowing for immediate access to computing infrastructure resources over the web from any location; and,
- Pay-for-what-you-use pricing model: leveraging the elasticity of the cloud allows customers to reduce up front capital expenditures by instantly scaling up or scaling down the lab infrastructure when required, and only paying for what is used.
VMLogix is the only vendor in the market to offer users the flexibility to run their virtual lab on private infrastructure (while enabling private clouds) or on public infrastructure (while leveraging public clouds).
Get Started on the LabManager-Cloud Edition Beta Program Right Now!
You can sign up for our LabManager-Cloud Edition beta program on our website.
Resources Related to the Beta
Here is a demo movie that shows the LabManager-Cloud Edition in action.
Stay tuned, over the next few days I’ll talk more about the solution. In the meantime, go get your hands on the beta!